1. On June 10, 2020 Joe and Sherry picked up the vehicle and were assured everything was fine.
2. On June 11, 2020 Joe and Sherry finally made their first trip and embarked to Gatlinburg, Tennessee, unfortunately their brand new $90,000 RV broke down in route near Shelbyville, Indiana.
3. When the vehicle broke down the wrench icon on dash came on, the engine started to shift down on its own while traveling sixty-five miles per hour on the busy interstate, as the jalopy hurtled down the interstate Joe could not manually change gears into any other gear, and the engine came to an abrupt stop.
4. Defendants and their agents refused to provide roadside assistance and Plaintiff’s son in law traveled from Ohio to pick up Joe and Sherry.
5. Their son in law was able to restart the vehicle and they limped to Ohio.
6. For six days, while stranded in Ohio, Joe and Sherry endeavored to find someone to help with the jalopy and finally secured help at a Ford dealership in Cincinnati.
7. On June 18, 2020, once at the dealership the technicians confirmed the brand new vehicles’ levelers would not fully operate, the rear air conditioning did not work, and the transmission needed a new solenoid clutch.
8. On June 25, 2020, Plaintiffs picked up the vehicle from the dealership but the back up and side camera were not working and there was no power to the levelers.
9. On July 7, 2020, Joe and Sherry risked their lives to drive the jalopy back home to Genoa, Illinois so they could go to scheduled doctors’ appointments and operations.
10. On July 20, 2020 Camping World towed the jalopy back to their Rockford location for more repairs. We had to hire an Attorney!! Finally we heard from Jason Shipley supposedly our RV is fixed & Camping World is making us an offer. We didn't hear a word until the lawsuit was filed 9-15-20!!! No word until this Article.
Name: Sherry Chavez